Finally back with a makeup review (in what feels like forever!). And oh BOY! Have I got quite the gem for you guys! A Bareminerals Review!
It’s no mystery to anyone that Bareminerals have been around in the beauty industry for a very long time – Over 25 years to be exact! And year after year they’ve managed to surpass all expectations and are highly recognised for releasing their natural, down-to-earth, good-for-the-skin, quality products, which everyone has easily fallen in love with, including me!
However, recently they’ve managed to take it up a notch, by releasing their Holiday/Christmas collection. Which on first sights, is perfect for just “shoving under the tree”, in the hopes that you’ll easily peak someone’s interest all while getting on that special someone’s good list this year – And no, I’m not talkin’ about Santa (Sorry Santa!).
Holiday Clean Makeup Set
Upon first impressions, I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging alone- The decor completely epitomises Christmas, and in my opinion, is the perfect present to give someone which doesn’t actually require any wrapping – As let’s be honest, the aesthetic is *Kisses fingers, spreading them outwards* “Magnifique”!
So, once you’ve composed yourself and got past the beautiful exterior, inside the box you are then greeted by a small trove of beauty must-haves, more specifically the; 6 Piece Clean Makeup Collection.
The Box Contains:
- 1 x Original Loose Mineral Foundation SPF 15 (18g; supersize) in your choice of Fair, Fairly Light, Light, Medium, Medium Beige, Medium Tan, Golden Tan, Golden Dark – Made with a blend of five mineral ingredients and formulated to help to protect your skin against UVA and UVB. Works to provide a breathable and buildable base that encourages a more even and smooth-looking complexion, with a sheer-to-full coverage and a luminous finish
- 1 x Mineral Veil (9g; full size) – Working to reduce the appearance of shine while promoting a healthy-looking glow, this loose finishing powder helps to create a blurring effect on your skin for a flawless finish
- 1 x Barepro Eyeshadow Stick (1.4g; full size) in NEW Copper Rose (rose gold shimmer) – A classic Bareminerals formula infused with botanicals and 40% water, this long-wearing eyeshadow stick provides a pretty and buildable wash of colour that can be blended out with the fingers for quick application
- 1 x Gen Nude Buttercream Lip Gloss (4ml; full size) in Must-Have (mid-tone neutral rose) – a creamy, sheer lip gloss in a complexion-complementing shade that works to moisturise the lips while leaving a high-shine finish that doesn’t feel sticky. Infused with naturally derived peptide plus shea, avocado, murumuru and cupuacu butters.
- 1 x Lashtopia Mega Volume Mascara (12ml; full size) in Black – A mousse-like mascara with a lightweight, whipped formula in a rich black shade. Boasts a large brush featuring over 600 soft, staggered bristles to hold more mascara and coat every lash, plus a tapered peak to separate lashes from root to tip
- 1 x Full Flawless Face Brush – This brush is perfect for using with powder formulas to help deliver a seamless medium-to-full coverage finish. Comes with either natural or synthetic hairs, depending on the shade you choose. The natural hair brush comes with the shades Fair, Fairly Light and Light, while the synthetic hair brush accompanies the shades Medium, Medium Beige, Medium Tan, Golden Tan and Golden Dark.
So in a typical “Rachy-fashion”, I decided to give this collection a whirl by chuckin’ as many products as possible on my face, all while giving my honest thoughts and opinions about the products used – Which you will see from my official review below!
Original Loose Mineral Foundation SPF 15 (18g; supersize)
It’s no surprise that we have been truly spoilt by the brand this season, as in their collection they have included a very generous sized tub of their highly-raved about and hype-worthy, Original Loose Mineral Foundation. Yay value for money!
Application wise, you can clearly see (just by looking at the side-by-side comparison below) a significant improvement. The even, shade-approved coverage was achieved on the left side of my face, removing red pigmentation all without leaving my skin looking ‘cakey’ or unskin-like. It still looked like my skin, but better! I thoroughly enjoyed using this, as I’ve never actually came across a facial product which offered coverage, felt nourishing on the skin, had a brightening effect as well as being extremely light-weight. I can totally respect the hype!
After application (left side)
Before (Mineral Veil applied)
Side note – With the foundation being in a powder-form, within a container that requires tipping and the loose product being spilt, this is a very messy application process – As you can probably imagine.
Mineral Veil (9g; full size)
I was a little sceptical to just how this product works; so I eventually tried it on a makeup-less face (before applying other products) and was actually impressed by the luminous, healthy glow that it gave me, making me look all the more awake while blurring out those nasty pores. Morning miracle!
Barepro Eyeshadow Stick (1.4g; full size) in NEW Copper Rose (rose gold shimmer)
Very rare have I ever used stick eyeshadows. I had always naturally assumed that you were limited when it came to the flexibility and application, therefore restricted to the usage more than your typical eyeshadows (ones that come in the pan.)
However, this one completely falsified my theory. With versatile application; just by using a brush or a finger you can easily achieve a show-stopping, seasonal look, as the eyeshadow itself is pigmented enough to get away as being used as a cut-crease marvel – Without all the fuss!
Side note: It swatched beautifully as you can see and was extremely smudge-proof – Came off eventually after 3 washes!
Lashtopia Mega Volume Mascara (12ml; full size)
Unfortunately, being “blessed” with stumpy, tiny lashes (that funnily enough are the only straightest follicles that I own) means that I regularly feel the struggle when it comes to achieving and maintaining even the slightest curl. Honestly, though I’m grateful for whatever I get.
So needless to say I am always a little apprehensive when it comes to trying out new mascaras. However, I was pleasantly surprised at just what volume I was able to achieve with this one.
Gen Nude Buttercream Lip Gloss (4ml; full size)
With winter finally upon us, now comes a time where we suddenly find ourselves switching our “matte and satin loves” in for the more nourishing and moisture-giving glosses.
I’ve always loved a good glossy lip, and the Buttercream Lipgloss – which denotes a delightful and gorgeous rose-tone is a must to enhance your extensive collection, all while offering the perfect, juicy-looking pout. With its luxurious, sheer and creamy formula, one application is all it takes to achieve a moisture-loving pout (especially in those dry-to-touch areas which need it most.)
Do you own and love this collection? Or are you eagerly awaiting and have this on your wishlist for Santa? Let me know!