November 22, 2019
Five Perfect Bedroom Accessories You Need Today
The bedroom is the one place in your home that you should feel comfortable and relaxed, so it stands to reason that you want it to be as beautifully decorated as possible. Your bedroom should be a place of zen, of promoted sleep, of calm. It should be beautiful and peaceful and somewhere you want to retire to at the end of the day. The thing is, yours may be looking a little bare, which means that you need to get your thinking cap on and start thinking about the ways in which you can decorate and accessorise your space.
The best thing that you can do in your bedroom is to invest in little accents and pieces to complement your furniture and your colour choices. Let’s take a look at five perfect bedroom accessories that will set off the look of your bedroom nicely.
- Naturally made products that are handwoven or made with natural materials can give your bedroom a rustic look. Think hand baskets and indoor hanging plants, or even dreamcatchers like the ones you find at https://thehippiehouse.com.au/collections/dream-catchers. You can really invite in some charm with mason jars for your makeup and hand-crafted tapestry pictures, too!
- Curtains and blinds are an accessory that is practical as well as beautiful. Perfectly dressed windows are a must if you want your room to look beautiful, and curtains do it well. You can have opaque ones to keep out the light, or sheer curtains simply as an accessory to the room. Wooden blinds and shutters help with that earlier mentioned rustic charm, and you can choose from bold colours or natural ones.
- Lighting has to set off your bedroom, and you don’t have to stick to the ceiling light, either. Sure, you can have the most beautiful droplet light shades, but you can also choose to ignore the ceiling light entirely and go for well-placed lamps set around the room. Take the time to choose a good balance of lighting; the bedroom shouldn’t be as lit as the kitchen or bathroom.
- Bringing a little nature inside can be done with lots of flowers and greenery. Not only do they make the space look beautiful, they can help to improve the air quality and enable you to breathe a little better in your space. For bedrooms with higher ceilings, plants that touch the top of the wall can bring a little grandeur. Have huge vases of flowers on the windowsills, too, as you can create some dramatic colour explosions with the right ones.
- Lastly, think about what you put on the bed. Layers can be a fantastic addition to your home, with blankets, throws, pillows and rugs being complimentary to each other in your space. Bedrooms should feel comfortably warm, and layers can help you to achieve what is essentially a nest in the home!
Bedroom accessories make the bedroom, rather than break them. Take your time and pick the right ones – you won’t regret it!