Peppermint, Patchouli, Clove, Citric Acid, and Goat milk powder – Hmm, not so much.
But these are the key ingredients that combine together to create the products that you probably already use every day without knowing. – With one teeny tiny difference – the ingredients that are in your over-the-counter products and believe to be safe and pure, may not be so.
So, today I was really pleased to team up with Simply Earth and try their December’s Essential Oils Recipe Box – Which only ensures the purest and perfect of all healthy home remedies, which I’m really excited to share with you today.
Every box comes with:
- Your very own essential oils + Ingredients to create the perfect combo.
- Recipe cards – Which explain exactly what you will need and how to do it.
- A sample pot – To add your creation to or store.
- Metal finger bowls – To practice with or store your herbal remedies.
- Stickers – To label your creation.
There are a bunch of recipe cards and I will be demonstrating two of these
Vanilla Mint Lip Scrub
I’ve always suffered from dry lips and as a result very rarely exfoliate them, as whenever I do they become fairly sensitive and even leave them feeling sore. So I wanted to see if by switching to something natural and pure whether or not there would be any changes when it came to the application process.
Just as the instructions dictated;
- I mixed 1Tsp Brown Sugar, 1 Tsp Granulated Sugar, 1/8 Tsp. Vanilla Extract, 1/2 Tsp. Fractionated Coconut Oil, 1 Drop Peppermint Essential Oil into the 1/3 oz jar provided.
- Then just apply when required.
This applied like a dream, the microbeads of sugar buffed away any dry skin and left my lips feeling smooth and new without ANY sensitivity!
Breathe Easy Bath Salts
Throughout the years I’ve noticed and encountered a few more aches and pains than I would have liked. Unfortunately, as we all know or will have experienced at some point in our lives, this is just the signs of youth slowly slipping from our grasp – Which I accept as we can’t live forever. However, we can try to ease our discomforts with simple homemade remedies – Breathe Easy Bath Salts.
- In a small bowl, I mixed essential oil and Fractioned Coconut Oil.
- Stirred in the Epsom salt.
- Store in an empty jar, large enough to hold the contents.
- Once ready, pour the entire contents into a warm bath in order to improve congestion and respiratory.
Absolutely loved bathing in this, the pure oils smelt divine and the coconut melted onto the skin like butter and left behind a wonderfully nourishing layer – Heaven!
Let me know if you have any beauty regimes that you swear by which include natural products – I’d love to hear some more!
Also, If you would like to try one of these boxes for yourself then just head over to the Simply Earth website.